- Accepting one or multiple proposals: Multiple
- Submit by: Ongoing
- Selection by: Ongoing
- RFP Category: devtools-adapters
- Link to RFP-001 and Application Instructions
- Learn more about the RFP Grants Program
Use this space to discuss and ask questions about the RFP. We want this thread to facilitate a 2-way communication between the community and the team regarding this RFP.
Avail is building rollup infrastructure designed to provide scalable blockspace and data availability as a base layer for rollups. It largely does not execute any transactions. Avail has no smart contracts/general-purpose execution environment. Instead, Avail applications are rollups (or similar constructs) that rely on Avail for blockspace while handling execution themselves.
As such, most developers will likely be interacting with a higher-level framework. For example, a rollup SDK or a rollup as a service (RAAS) tool, configured to use Avail for data availability.
Given the multitude of rollups frameworks, environments, and ecosystems out there, Avail is interested in encouraging and fostering support within community projects for selecting a DA layer, with built-in Avail support specifically.
An ideal DA Adapter project has the following features:
- Enables submitting transaction data to a separate DA layer instead of the L1 it currently uses (e.g., Ethereum).
- Changes to verification contract(s) to support Avail’s attestation bridge to verify DA during settlement.
- Written in an appropriate manner for submission upstream into the community project, including following the project’s conventions.
- If preferred by the project, a framework for DA adapters so that other DA layers can plug into the same framework.
- Benchmarks demonstrating the cost/performance/gas savings realized by using off-chain DA
- ZkSync Adapter
- Arbitrum Orbit/Stylus Adapter
- Cartesi Adapter
- Fuel Adapter
- Astria Adapter
- SHARP Adapter
- Dojo Adapter
- Slush Adapter
- Kakarot Adapter
- Radius Adapter
The above mentioned Adapters, although not an exhaustive list, are some ecosystems we would like to see the community build DA Adapters for. We invite everyone to contribute ideas and suggest and work upon other ecosystem DA Adapters as well.
You can see some of our existing ecosystem integrations/adapters at the avail-uncharted repository.
Visit the Avail Docs site to learn about Avail and how to build with it.