Hi Avail Community,
As Avail moves steadfastly towards Mainnet, we’re excited to report the progress we’ve made since launching the Kate Testnet in June. We’re stoked to acknowledge the pivotal role of our 100 validators in ensuring its success. As we wrap up the Kate Testnet chapter, we’re gearing up for our next significant milestone: The Incentivized Testnet. Here’s a detailed insight into our journey and what lies ahead.
The commitment of our community was palpable during the Kate Testnet’s uninterrupted 3-month run. Thanks to the keen observations of our validators, we identified and swiftly addressed a handful of minor bugs. Our development team deployed binary upgrades, ensuring every reported issue was comprehensively resolved.
While we had 100 validators actively contributing, the involvement didn’t stop there. A large segment of our community chose to run full nodes, further enhancing our network’s robustness. You can view these in real-time at our telemetry page: https://telemetry.avail.tools/.
For those interested in the technical specifics, here’s a detailed account of the Phase 1 & 2 tests successfully completed during the Kate Testnet:
- Binary Upgrades: Timely updates ensuring network optimization.
- Governance Proposals: Fine-tuning our decision-making protocols.
- Slashing: Perfecting punitive measures for malicious actors.
- Double Signing: Ensuring network security and trustworthiness.
- Hard Forks: Testing potential network bifurcations.
- Balance Transfers: Ensuring smooth asset movements.
- Data Submissions: Validating data integrity and accuracy.
- Block Space Limit Capability: Testing our
network’s throughput at current block
Our vision is crystal clear as we set our sights on the forthcoming Incentivized Testnet. In the following weeks, we aim to provide more granularity regarding incentivization models, tokenomics, and other pertinent details. As a gesture of gratitude and acknowledgment, our current validators will be given priority seating. It’s noteworthy to mention that while the Incentivized Testnet will be permissionless, we’re capping the validator limit to 300.
Keep your eyes on this space for more updates and as always, thank you for being a vital part of Avail’s journey towards a decentralized future.