Hello everyone, Polkadotters community here
We are one of the biggest communities in the Polkadot ecosystem and experienced node operators at the same time! We are doing reviews of projects, explaining technology, bringing in the governance news and interviews with intriguing people from the ecosystem Currently we have around 1,500 followers on our Medium and we are really proud of that!
But that’s not it - we run nodes in order to fund our community activities and to keep us independent from any marketing revenue! We are probably the biggest (in terms of supported networks) operator in the Polkadot ecosystem with over 30 nodes up and running But of course, we are active outside Polkadot as well - be it by supporting Substrate-based standalone projects like Avail or by running validators for protocols like Ethereum or Mina.
Here are some of our feats
- collators/validators on Avail, Moonbeam, Kilt, Astar, Centrifuge, Moonriver and other networks
- 1st community collator being selected for Calamari network and Centrifuge
- running testnet nodes for various projects and helping them to debug issues
- ambassadors for various projects - Acala, Astar, Bifrost and others
- validating on all standalone Substrate-based projects - Joystream, Avail, Sora and others
- founders of DOT Validator Alliance that is gathering community collators and struggling for more decentralization https://dotvalidators.org/
- having our monitoring publicly available (for some nodes now) for more trust and transparency to our service https://monitoring.polkadotters.com/
- moving to our own bare metal housed in Czech data center for more geo decentralization
- running other parts of infrastructure like bootnodes and RPCs
- I am a graduate of Substrate academy and a backend developer/sysadmin with more than 10 years of experience
So this is Polkadotters - high-quality node operator service meets the most trustworthy news resource in the ecosystem!
We are really excited to work together with Avail and help achieve its goal of becoming the best data availability platform out there!